NeonApple

Friday, July 28, 2006

Portable Knitting

I am now a huge fan of the portable knitting project. I have followed the "Yarn Harlot" and now have a traveling sock. This pair will be simalar to the ones I did for LogoAnn. She assures me that she will post a pic of herself sporting the Birthday Socks but I have yet to see proof of this on LogoAnn's Blog: blogin' it. Maybe she will post a pic since she has officially pledged to blog 4 time a week. A lofty goal but doable non-the-less. Good luck on that one LogoAnn. I however, will be the first to admit that I am too much of a pansy to set such high expectations for myself.

The new socks are actually for myself - I know I am being selfish but I think I deserve at least one pair of socks that I knit myself. The yarn is a yummy one from Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock in Watercolor.

Lorna's Laces - Watercolor

3 Comments:

  • I don't think it is selfish at all to knit yourself something. I think, in fact, that it is selfish of all those people, who immediately upon learning your chosen creative hobby, ask if you could make a such and such for them.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 3:29 PM  

  • Not to imply that LogoAnn is selfish. I don't think she asked for the socks, though I know she loves them. She showed them off very proudly when we visited.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 3:30 PM  

  • I didn't mean to imply that LogoAnn was selfish. Although she did specifically "order" the green hat/scarf combo. I just sometimes feel a tad guilty for making something fro myself - i usually give my creations away. I know I shoudlnt' feel like that but none the less - i guess I am a knitting giver.

    By Blogger neonapple, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home