NeonApple

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Knitting Class

I am currently taking a "Round & Round Sweater" knitting class. I thought the class would be a neck down all in the round sweater but no it started from the bottom up and just made 3 tubes and connected them. So it isn't as earth-shattering for my knitting world as I was hoping. Oh well.

The good news is that I only have 2 more classes - tonight and next Wed. and I'll have yet another toddler sweater! I'll post pics later this week I promise. It is in Berroco Air which is like knitting with cotton candy.

I really have no need for a toddler sweater and I don't want to give it away. My original plan was to make an adult version but my plans were thwarted. My first class I went in with my bag full of sweater yarn that I have been saving in my stash - the first weeks' homework was to knit the body from the bottom to the armpits on #8 needles (keep in mind my the mother was visiting the same week). After horribly twisting my cast-ons for what felt like about a million times I cut the beginnign of the adult sweater up the side and threw it away! - You can imagine how pissed I was to do that. I decided that smaller is better and changed to a chunkier yarn and decided to make it kid size so that I could stay sane for the duration of this class. Needless to say I never want to work with the green yarn that I origianlly picked for the adult version of the sweater.

I am now doubting that I'll ever actually get to wear a sweater from my own needles - I don't think I am going to ever be toddler size again . . .

1 Comments:

  • You should HOPE you'll never be toddler sized instead of lamenting the fact! That would mean that not only were you shrinking but anorexia wouldn't be out the question.

    By Blogger logoANN, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home