NeonApple

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Adventures in Felting

Well the husband finally finished my latest knitting pics. I have been getting a lot of inquiries on the Booga Bag. I also received a verbal comment on the Booga Bag picture that I posted the other week stating that the reader felt sorry that my Booga Bag didn't at all resemble the finished picture on the pattern . . . well LogoAnn (insert deep inspirational voice here). . . TAAAAA . . . DAAAAA! Behold the miracle of felting! You'll notice the unshapely knitted bag - then the blocking stage where the washed and damp wool gets stretched over a box form - and then amazingly enough a stiffer and shapely Booga Bag results. It actually will stand up on it's own.

Bag - from knitted to felted


I am very happy with my first foray into felting! See it does look almost exactly like the example bag! I even used the same yarn color. I think my handles are a bit shorter though - I think That's just becasue I was anxious to finish so my iCord was shorter.

Example Bag


End of childish "I told you so" moment of the week.

Oh Here is a pic of the much anticipated Birthday Socks I knit for LogoAnn. She has now received them so I can post the pic now. I am still awaiting a pic of her wearing them - hint hint.


Birthday Socks

2 Comments:

  • I like your bag's look better than the original pic. Nice job!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 12:11 PM  

  • Love the bag! Will it permanently stand up like that? Also, LogoAnn gave me a viewing of the socks and they look wonderful. I think you forgot to say nyah nah nah nah nyah...

    By Blogger Zegi, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home