NeonApple

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Spic & Span

It only took me one week but I finished the socks for my Ohio Grandma. The yarn was Muench's Tessin (Blue Color #808 & Yellow Color #839), which is a superwash wool, acrylic, cotton mix. So it will be easy to throw them in the washer on a gentle cool wash and line dry. I love easy care fibers! Now all they have to do is dry, since I washed them, then I can send them off to Ohio.

Grandma's Socks


On other fronts, the husband comes back from Texas today. He has been gone since last Thursday, so last night I went on a late night cleaning ramage through our apartment. My neighbors must hate me running the dishwasher not once but twice, which I guess either means that I have a monstrous appetite or that I am a pig. Take your pick I would venture that both are equally true sometimes. Not only that but I was also sweeping the house at midnight! I really am surprised that someone didn't knock on my door and tell me to keep the noise down. Then since I was on such a good roll I actually mopped my kitchen & bathrooms. Now at that point, I venture to say I was just plain crazy. So by 2am I finally went to bed. Bedtime? What bedtime?

2 Comments:

  • Being that we come from the same messy dna, I understand how a place can get to be a wreck, but if you know your man is coming back, couldn't you just maintain the clean apartment until he returns and do a load of dishes and some light picking up. That seems reasonable to me.

    Oh, um, do you think those socks have wide enough leg wholes? Grandma's ankles swell up to twice the size now - just so you know.

    By Blogger logoANN, at 7:23 AM  

  • Maybe someone was knocking to tell you to keep it down but you just couldn't hear them over the noise...he. Sounds like your place is cleaner than mine. Wait, I know your place is cleaner than mine.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home