NeonApple

Friday, May 05, 2006

Glutton for Punishment

You all may need to send the men in the little white coats to take me off to a rubber room somewhere in BFE at the end of the month. Don't ask me why - but I invited my mother to come and visit in CA Memorial Day weekend and she is actually coming. Usually she just ho's and hum's about doing it but the ticket is actually purchased and the dates are set. I even asked for a whopping 1.5 days of vacation time off with a minimum of grumbling from the boss, who doesn't believe in families or vacation time.

So what will I do with the mother for 5 days? At least it's not a week and only a long weekend. I don't think I could have taken that.

Oh my I will have to start planning a few mom friendly activities. Unfortunately these type of activities are not usually the ones I would normally do but this is supposed to be quality time . . . God help me I see historic Spanish missions in my near future!

3 Comments:

  • Just be thankful Cali doesn't have any Civil war battlefields to visit! You're talking about places to visit that have buildings... a vast improvement over a field, with a small parking lot and a plaque.

    By Blogger logoANN, at 1:37 PM  

  • Buildings mean gift shops, bathrooms and beverages...

    By Blogger logoANN, at 8:03 AM  

  • Maybe take her to wine country. Booze her up a little, you know? Or maybe the booze is for you. Either way it is win-win.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home