NeonApple

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Knitting Book

My knitting hero, The Yarn Harlot came out with a new book this week! I was so excited that I couldn't' wait to rip open the Amazon.com box because I had preordered it of course. Doesn't everyone preorder knitting books?





Yarn Rules contains more knitting humor that any fiber art crafter could appreciate but it also had some useful info in it too. Don't let the useful knitting info scare you away from the book though if you are a non-knitter.

    According to The Yarn Harlot the world consists of three type of people:
  • non-knitters
  • knitters
  • Knitters (note the capital "K")


I fall into the category of knitter, since I havent' ventured into really difficult projects yet. But I have Knitting aspirations. The types of knitters can further be broken down into categories.

    Yarn Harlot knitting Categories
  • Missionary
  • Sensei (I fall between Sensei and Scientist)
  • Scientist
  • Organic
  • Pretender


I feel the Sensei/Scientist is a knitter who is willing to teach but will not "spread the knitting word" to those who aren't interested and willing and will also rip back and unravel large amounts of her work in order to achieve "perfection" or at least a state as close to "perfection" as possible. The Scientist apparently has a hard time living with mistakes and like things a certain way. Hmm - yup sounds like me.

I absolutely love The Yarn Harlot's writing. It reminds me a little bit of me with the knitting obsession but a lot of my sister mixed in for the humor part.

Who knew that knitting and yarn could be so entertaining on so many different levels?!

1 Comments:

  • yeah, her writing is really real-sounding and funny! I loved that one story about losing the needle in the car from her book. It sounds just like something that would happen to me.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home