NeonApple

Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm a user . . . Anyone up for an intervention?

I guess the first step is supposed to be admitting you have a problem. So ok I admit it I am a user. My drug of choice - food. Today it is McDonald's.

    Reasons why food is a great drug
  • It is legal
  • It can be cheap
  • It is a socially acceptable fix
  • Necessary to live so you HAVE to do it
  • Readily available everywhere
  • Many varities, tastes, and textures
  • It fills you up both your stomach and the psychological hole
  • Adds to the negative feelings you had before eating - so you don't have to waste time and money being happy


Ok so maybe I am not quite ready for an intervention. After all I am not yet stalking Ronald McDonald, the little red headed Wendy's girl, or the freaky Burger King man, who I am convinced needs his own intervention the perv peeper that he is. I may occasionally hide out in the White Castle but since we don't have those around here I guess I can't make my home there. I also don't case the Ronald McDonald House anymore ever since I found out that it wasn't food related and actually had a great mission. I later went to my nearest Mickey-D's and had a "Giving Meal" so I could contribute to the Ronald McDonald House.

So do I need help? Maybe mental help. But since I already had that, I guess I will have to keep working on my own.

PS: I am going to go enjoy my McDonald's sundae now - I don't think anyone can argue against hot fudge, so I won't even try.

1 Comments:

  • It is hard to argue with hot fudge. Maybe switching to the apple salad and then having the hot fudge sundae would make you feel less like you need an intervention. I know I would feel less like it.

    By Blogger Zegi, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home