NeonApple

Monday, April 10, 2006

1 Year 2 Months

I finally finished my very first scarf! Ok to be more precise I finally finished my first scarf that I re-knit.

History of the Purple Scarf
This was the first yarn that I ever bought when my friend was teaching me to knit in January, 2005. It is (Merino and Cashmere) Adrienne Vittadini's Trina in color 110. I worked really hard on it and felt great accomplishment at my first ever knitted project . . . until I tried it on. It was 2 times wider than it should have been which made it about half as long as it should have been. Granted I knew nothing about gauge or about measuring stitches per inch. I never wore it and for a brief while the husband took ownership of it but never wore it. Then the scarf had a brief stint at a furniture warmer and was draped over the back of our sofa until I decided that the yarn was too good to be trapped in a horrible first scarf turned bad, so I unraveled it. The whole thing looked like ramen noodles all over my sofa while I wound it into balls again. Then I had aspirations of making a matching hat and mittens so I bought a few more skeins of the yarn.

So now my first scarf is finally done and I even wore it to work today for it's first outing! It's such yummy yarn I can't wait to make the matching hat and mittens!

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • It's very pretty! You know... I love purple...

    By Blogger logoANN, at 8:53 PM  

  • No way - you don't get this one - I need to have at least one scarf that I knitted for me!

    By Blogger neonapple, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home