NeonApple

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Knitting Olympics!



Here's the deal . . .


  • Pick a challenging Olympic knitting project (something challenging to you not impossible)
  • Start your Olympic knitting project during the opening ceremony of the Olympics
  • Watch coverage of the Olympics and knit - knit - knit - you are GOING FOR THE GOLD HERE
  • Imagine NBC doing a spot on the progress of your project, how hard it was to choose the project which is only overcome by the challenge of choosing the yarn - THIS IS BIG KNITTING DRAMA HERE
  • Finish your project before the end of the closing ceremony of the Olympics
  • Wear your Olympic knitting project proudly - you are a Knitting Olympian!


Join us for the kick off of the Knitting Olympics
if you are in San Francisco at:

Thursday, February 9, 2006
7pm-9pm

ImagiKnit
3897 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94114


Oh - so you say you don't knit? You quilt, crochet, sew, scrapbook . . . you get to have a whole different Olympic crafting event! Woo hoo!

3 Comments:

  • What is the NeonApple Knitting Fund? I don't know, it sounds like a scam. How do I know this won't just be going to your Starbucks addiction?

    By Blogger logoANN, at 6:53 AM  

  • I had the same question? Who gets the donation? BTW, the socks are awesome.

    -Melissa

    By Blogger Melissa, at 1:49 PM  

  • The donation would go to buy yarn and knitting supplies. Although I sometimes knit at Starbucks I promise I woudn't buy a cocoa with the funds.

    After all - I have people requesting me to make them scarves, mittens, and hats, and I don't ever have anyone saying "here let me get the yarn" -- after all you are going to spend hours and hours of work knitting and then give the item away.

    So help support the homemade knitted crafts movement!!

    By Blogger neonapple, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home