NeonApple

Friday, January 27, 2006

Toasty Feet


Image hosting by Photobucket

So I am taking this socks class and I am right now mid way through the knitting on this project. In the picture you'll notice that each sock is in a different place.

Sock A is what I learned in the first class - so we started the sock cuff and got down to the heel flap. Sock B is what I learned in the first class and second class adding on the heel turn and picking up the gusset stitches.

All this lingo means that the sock started to turn and took on the shape of a sock. In the last class on Tuesday this coming week I get to learn how to decrease the toe and stitch it all up with a fancy stitch that is supposed to be hard - the Kitchner Stitch.

By the way for all you crafy people out there the yarn for this project is 100% Wool and the yarn is called Kureyon by Noro color #159.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

  • So will Jim be wearing this lovely multicolor socks?

    By Blogger VJ, at 6:46 AM  

  • Actually these are Amy size socks. I don't think Jim would ever be so colorful with his footwear.

    By Blogger neonapple, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home