NeonApple

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2008 Knitting Olympic Trials Come to a Close

Well I succeeded in finishing the Bobbi Bear! I put the finishing touches and last arm on on Friday, Aug. 22, 2008. I knew I had to finish before the Beijing Closing Ceremonies because I had to help Logoann move into her new digs.

In retrospect, I wish I had done the bear in a different yarn. The organic cotton sometimes would break while I was sewing duplicate stitches etc. I also had some comments that the head looked a little big but I just said that the bear was really smart. I embroidered the face with brown Alpaca yarn, which I absolutely love. (BTW I still have the Princess Leia hat on the needles, which is where the brown Alpaca came from for the bear's face. I swear I will finish the Princess Leia hat for Halloween this year I really do. One year for a hat to be on the needles is just way too long.)

Comments on the pattern:
I would finish the top of the head last, so that you could pick up the arm stitches easier and stuff the bear's body easier. Picking up stitches in a stuffed 3 dimensional object had me using colorful language, that I am glad Little Man did not hear, since most of the knitting happens when he is either napping or in bed for the night.

We named the bear "Oly" in honor or the Olympics and Little Man was happy to finally get his little hands on Oly for a hug. Little Man wanted Oly while he still had no face and arms but I had to hold strong so that stuffing would not be strewn all over the living room.

Logoann says that she is going to come up with a pic for the 2008 Knitting Olympic Trials, which I will proudly add to my blog page with my 2006 Knitting Olympic Gold Medal.

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home