NeonApple

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Out of Commission

Well I have been out of commission this past weekend. I threw my back out last Wednesday evening and I haven't been right since. It was the silliest thing - I was giving the kitten a bath in the bathroom sink. So I was leaning into the sink which is what did it because the next thing I knew I felt the vertebrae move and then my legs crumpled under me. Luckily I was wedged between the sink and the toilet other wise I would have fallen then and there holding a squirming wet kitten.

The pain was so intense that we contemplated going to the emergency room. I couldn't walk, sit, stand, twist, turn, basically I was immobile. So Thursday, Friday and today the chiropractor put my L4 & L5 vertebrae back into their correct place, which has helped immensely, and went to the regular doctor to get some good meds to help ease the pain. Now it's just the surrounding muscles that are all tight and constricted. At least now I can walk a bit and have a little more range of motion.

Logoann and the husband really picked up the ball though because I couldn't lift, hold, or play with Little Man at all and they completely took over. I won't lie it was a bit (ok more than a bit) difficult to let everyone else do the things I normally do with Little Man and around the house. For a control freak - letting go is hard but I soon got over it since I was hardly in a position to do things the way I would normally do them. They really saved the day though, so all praise the Husband and Lgoann even though Logoann did at one point have to tell me to "shut up" with my backseat mothering! A control freak can't go cold turkey I guess.

So here I am laying on the sofa, with everything I need close at hand, the computer, my Harry Potter book (I just started Book 6), pain meds, muscle relaxer meds, water, the TV remotes, and of course my trusty cold compress pack. What more could I need except movement without pain? Today I transitioned into normal life again - but only for about 1/2 of a day since the Husband watched Little Man for a while so I could go to the Chiropractor again.

By the way I am close to being done with the R2D2 hat. The hat itself is done but I now need to add the duplicate stitch to make it look like R2D2's head and not just a striped hat.

3 Comments:

  • I did not say "shutup" when you were backseat mothering. You were telling me for the millionth time to make sure the cat doesn't run out the door. You say this everytime I enter your house or make the mistake of trying to go into your garage! In this instance it was the garage (a contained space, by the way) that you were "warning" me about again. I knew I had to set you straight or you would have run me more ragged than the baby.

    By Blogger logoANN, at 6:12 AM  

  • I have to wait for approval!!! UGH!

    By Blogger logoANN, at 6:12 AM  

  • Yes you need approval . . . I want to make sure that no comments of a personal nature i.e names etc. are published on the blog. Again - I show my talent for being a control freak.

    By Blogger neonapple, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home