NeonApple

Friday, September 21, 2007

Good Deed of the Day

Why am I such a sucker for cats? Mt mother and her boyfriend have been feeding a stray calico cat for about a year now. Last year I told her that when you feed a cat everyday, she is yours and you should get her fixed. Otherwise you are going to end up with a litter of kittens. So, my mother the queen of procrastination, didn't get the calico spayed and now of course she has a litter of kittens.

The boyfriend caught all the kittens and is planning on taking them to a shelter that will fix the whole lot for a reduced fee but they won't of course take the litter because they have no room. No one we know wants kittens - but if you do PLEASE PLEASE let me know ASAP.

I am visiting my mother this week and I got to see the litter for the first time. I felt so horrible for them they were covered in fleas. I couldn't leave them like that of course. So I gave my mom a crash course in kittens and keeping them in a cage. Then I gave the whole lot flea baths and a month's dose of flea and tick medicine.

I am so very tired. The cats took the bathing quite well. I was surprised! Now I have a bunch of scratches on my arms but the peace of mind knowing that I am leaving the cat family much much better than the way I found them. I am trying to convince my mother to keep the calico kitten called "Sundae". She is a very good tempered kitten. They all are really but I just like her the best of the lot I guess. The huband would absolutely kill me if I brought her home though.



Female Kitten
"Sundae"



The Rest of the Family
(By the Food Bowls) Adult Female Calico - "Mama"
(In the litter box) Male Orange/White - "Creamsicle"
(In the Bed) Female Tortoiseshell with Tan Nose - "Tanny"
(In the Bed) Female Tortoiseshell with Orange on left of Face - "Lefty"
(In the Bed) Female Tortoiseshell with Orange Right Rear Paw - "Boot"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home