NeonApple

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back to Knitting

I finally finished the baby's first newborn sweater. This was a project that I started with Phatfrog but didn't get to finish until last week. The pattern came from a book of "easy" knit baby patterns and the yarn is a Cashmerino blend from Debbie Bliss. I added the stripe at the ends of the garment, the pattern called for just one color. I am convinced that people think that "easy" means not knitting in the round, which I think is much easier than flat "back and forth" knitting and then seaming it all up. Don't get me wrong seaming can be fun and amazing when it all matches up but if your gauge changed at any point during the project you can basically get screwed or end up giving yourself a huge headache. All in all, I am happy with the end result but I hope my next sweater project is in the round or has more shaping. Also please note the neutral color of the garment both boy -or- girl friendly!

"Easy" Newborn Baby Sweater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home